Groups will once again be able to compete with one another in one of two Categories: The Vocal Group Category or The Choir Category.
Groups in each category will be given the task of arranging a chosen song decided by the festival. The specific song needs to be arranged and performed together with a free selection from each group’s own repertoire. All groups will be given 15 min. to perform in front of an international jury of vocal music experts.
Read more about the competition rules here.
- 15 June 2016: Choirs and vocal groups will be able to sign up for the competition online.
- 15 November 2016: Deadline for sign-up for the competition
- 15 December 2016: The contest committee informs each group of whether they are participants, runners-up, or didn’t make it as finalists.
- 15 February 2017: Deadline for purchasing festival tickets for groups entering the competition.
- 13 May 2017: Deadline for submitting the sheet music of the songs each group will perform during their 15-minute stage performance.
The top three contestants in each category will receive these awards:
- First Prize: DKK 20,000
- Second Prize: DKK 10,000
- Third Prize: DKK 5,000