Here we have collected a number of questions and answers for your convenience. If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS INFO IS FROM THE 2017 FESTIVAL – IT IS NOT UPDATED. CONTACT US, IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
When: From Friday 2nd of June at 12 noon
How: To check-in please show your voucher/ticket/receipt at the Information located in Ridehuset. Here you will receive your festival bracelet for workshops and concerts when you say your full name.
How about food ticket bracelet?
If you have bought a food ticket, your bracelet will show that you have access to meals at the festival.
Important: Please keep your bracelet on during the ENTIRE festival – this makes everything much easier for you and for the AAVF Team.
Check-in for groups:
Please send a representative from your, or it can be the first person who arrives at the check-in. This person will receive all festival bracelets in an envelope and program info for all the members of the group. Please check the content of the envelope when you receive it.
We would prefer to avoid a large group or choir to meet up at the same time in front of the check-in desk because it would result in long ques and general confusion.
Where to Sleep?
Here are some guidelines on finding a place to sleep during the festival. It is important to remember, that in 2017 Aarhus is the European Capital of Culture, and therefore many hotels will be booked up early, so make sure you have a place to stay…
- City SleepIn
- SimpleBed Hostel
- BB-hotel Aarhus
- Cabinn Hotel Aarhus
- Wake Up Aarhus (New hotel opening in 2017)
- Couch Surfing (Staying with locals)
- Danhostel Aarhus (not in the city centre)
- The Mayor Hotel
- Hotel Ritz
- Scandic Aarhus City (Be aware, that there is another Scandic Hotel in Aarhus (Scandic Aarhus Vest), but it is located very far from the city centre)
- Villa Provence
- Bed and Breakfast and private accommodation
Find more info here: Visit Aarhus – Where to sleep
You can get parking all day for just 50 DKK if you park at the Concert Hall Aarhus parking spaces. To get your discount parking tickets bring the parking ticket and a valid festival pass to the Box Office at the Foyer in the Concert Hall.
Internet – WIFI
The City of Aarhus offers free wifi network to all guests and users in its buildings. As a user or guest, you can log on to the City of Aarhus’ wifi network (Smart Aarhus) just by sending a text message from your mobile phone. The network can be accessed in all public buildings, e.g. schools, retirement homes, job centres, day care institutions, libraries, Aarhus Concert Hall etc.
How to access the SmartAarhus network:
1) First of all, you have to be in a municipal building with access to the network.
2) On your device scan for open wifi networks and choose ‘SmartAarhus’.
3) After choosing the Smart Aarhus network, you will be asked to specify how you want to log on to the network, e.g. by receiving a text message (SMS login), using a guest login found at the building’s reception (gæstelogin), and more.
4) Log on using one of the above options, and you are online.
See the interactive map of buildings with access to the Smart Aarhus network here.
TRANSPORT to Concert Hall Aarhus
By train: A 10-minute walk from the train station
By bus: A 10-minute walk from the bus station, but plenty of bus stops are also located along the streets near Musikhuset.
By plane: The airport bus stops at the train station
For further information on arrivals and departures by trains and buses, please visit www.rejseplanen.dk
Can I bring my own food?
For those of you who didn’t buy a food ticket, there is an area for you closest to the stage in Ridehuset. The tables and chairs are reserved for people with food tickets and access to the buffet area.
Menu for guests with food tickets
At every Lunch and Dinner buffet, you will find these dishes:
- One or two fish dishes
- One or two meat dishes
- A hot dish (lunch)
- Two hot dishes (dinner)
- A poultry dish
- One or two different salads
- Salad bar with a variety of toppings
- Something for the sweet tooth
- Homemade bread, dips, tapenade, etc.
These dishes will be on the buffet at one time during the festival:
- Rilette of fish from the Baltic
- Lightly salted salmon
- Oriental Couscous salad
- Braised Danish veal
- Stuffed breast of cockerel
AROS – Museum of Art
AroS – Remember to visit Aarhus Museum of Art! With thousands of square metres spanning ten levels, the museum now has ample space to showcase its extensive collection of 1100 paintings, 400 sculptures and installations, 200 art videos and over 7,000 drawings, photos and graphics.
Tuesday 10 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday 10 AM – 10 PM
Thursday 10 AM – 5 PM
Friday 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM
Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
To exchange money we refer to banks located in the city or the Forex Bank and Exchange
In Case of Emergency:
In the case of emergency dial 112 or 114 on any phone.
MEDICAL HELP (Not serious emergency)
If you need to see a doctor please call Emergency Medical Service (with on-call doctors answering your call): + 45 70113131.
Monday – Friday: 08.00 AM – 04.00 PM
Weekend: Open 24 hours
Emergency room: Aarhus Universitetshospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000 Aarhus C, Building 7, Entrance at The Emergency
Ridehuset is Aarhus’ centrally situated multi-purpose hall. It houses a huge variety of events, from concerts and parties to exhibitions, fairs and much more. The building was originally built for riding training in 1876 and was designed by architect C. Lange. The Prefestival, The Opening Concert and Night Stage Concerts will take place here.
OPENING HOURS RIDEHUSET
Wednesday 6 PM – 12 PM
Thursday 12 noon – 1 AM
Friday 11 AM – 2 AM
Saturday 11 AM – 2 AM
Phone: + 45 89484848
About Tickets and Workshop Sign-Up
Buying tickets and general questions
- Can I participate as a single person in the workshops or are they only for groups?
Everyone is welcome in the workshops, both as persons with individual tickets and as a member of a group
- How are the workshops distributed?
The workshops are distributed after the first come, first served principle
- Are the workshops specifically for singers on a beginner level?
The workshops are for singers on all levels – from beginners to pro’s
- Can I get a refund on my ticket?
No, unfortunately not, but the ticket is not personal and therefore you can give it to someone else
- Do concerts and workshops cost extra on top of the standard ticket price?
No, all concerts, workshops and coachings are included in the festival ticket
- Which credit card and payment options are possible to use?
Most credit and debit cards can be used, like VISA and Mastercard, check out the list of payment options here: www.dibs.dk/kortbetaling. Bank transfer is not an option.
- Are the Pre-Festival Concerts on the 1st of June included in the Festival ticket?
The pre-festival is not included in the festival ticket and you can buy a separate ticket right here for the Pre-festival
- Do I need to bring the tickets on paper (printed out), or do you accept digital tickets on smartphones and tablets?
Yes, we do accept a digital copy of the ticket and a paper version is not necessary.
- Is it possible for family members or friends who don’t have a festival ticket to buy tickets for the main concerts?
Yes, family members can now buy tickets for the Sunday night concert – Voices of Aarhus right here
- Buy you meal ticket here: https://flexbillet.dk/aavf/event/m1ikw9
- Where can I see the menu? Right here
- I’m a vegetarian – where do I give notice about this in the sign-up process?
When you buy your meal ticket you can, of course, give notice about the choice of vegetarian food.
- Someone in our group/choir cannot attend, can we give the ticket to someone else?
The ticket is not personal, so yes you can pass the ticket on to a different participant. Unfortunately, we cannot do a refund.
- If we are 10 students can we get both the Group ticket discount and a student discount after that?
No, unfortunately, we are only able to provide one type of discount per person.
- We are now more members of the group/choir than when we bought the tickets – can the new members join our group ticket and get the same group ticket price?
Yes, that will be possible. You should contact Flexminds at email@example.com to make the additions to your group ticket.
- Does our entire group need to be at check-in at the exact same time, or can the first person who arrives collect our tickets and we can get them from him or her?
You can, of course, get the tickets as the first member of the group, when you arrive. We would prefer to avoid a large group or choir to meet up at the same time in front of the check-in desk because it would result in long ques and general confusion.
- How many workshops can I sign up for?
There is a limit of five workshops per participant, but if you like you can of course also choose just two, three or four workshops during the festival – there is only a maximum limit of five workshops.
- The sign-up system did not work when I made my choices and now my first priority is not available anymore – can I join my first choice after all?
You might be able to change your priorities in the workshop sign-up, contact flexminds at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I didn’t get my first priority workshop, can I get a refund on my ticket?
No, unfortunately, we cannot make a refund, but it is possible for you to give your ticket to someone else.
- If we apply a coaching are we then guaranteed a coaching session?
Unfortunately, you are not guaranteed a coaching as there may not be enough coaching sessions for all the groups that apply.
- Can we request a specific coaching instructor?
It is not possible to request a certain coaching teacher. We try to make the best matches possible between groups and teachers. But there are many things to take into consideration to finish this puzzle. You can write a note if you have a wish for a certain teacher, but we cannot guarantee anything.
- What happens if the coaching session happens at the same time as a workshop, that the group has signed up for?
If your group/choir is granted a coaching session and you have chosen a workshop in the same time slot, you will lose your workshop seats and the coaching will count as a workshop.
- If we are 40 singers in our choir and only 20 are able to attend the entire festival, can 10 of our singers who don’t have festival tickets join in the coaching session that we have been given by the festival without having to pay for the entire festival?
Unfortunately, we have to set a limit to the number of persons in a group attending of the coaching session, and therefore it will not be possible for members to attend without a festival ticket.