Meet the New York Voices
This is a broad discussion, covering all aspects of the vocal jazz experience. Topics include:
– A discussion of the history, conceptual development and evolution of New York Voices
– Musical demonstrations of many vocal jazz styles and techniques
– A rundown of the musical & educational background of each member
– Vocal warm-ups, and rhythmic, melodic and harmonic concepts & exercises
– The differences between solo singing and group singing
– Vocal improvisation (scat singing), including active participation in call & response singing, and discussion about harmonic, rhythmic and stylistic concepts.
– Q & A.